Massive change in circumstances

Oh Walker I do not have any advice but I really do feel for you.

I hope that your parents can be persuaded to let your mother go back to the care home as it sounds as if not, it is an ‘accident waiting for happen’. I can only send cyber hugs and hope others may have some advice. It sounds as if you will have to ‘step back’ and let them get on with it but I totally get how difficult that can be. I guess the Carers will ‘red flat’ things if they are worried?

Thanks Helena. I appreciate it. I hope things are going relatively well for you today (given how we are going through some similar things).

Thankfully a/b course finished so that is a relief. He insists he is taking the inhaler in the night so little I can do despite the cough. Just taking it day by day.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation Charles, really useful. I won’t hog Walker’s thread but your post has brought to mind a couple of questions that I will raise with Mum’s social worker and/or dementia team.

Walker_22031 I hope a resolution is found soon.

2 Likes

Thanks Latreia. We managed to get mum back to the care home. It was very difficult and upsetting for us all and it triggered a mental health crisis in dad.

Apparently there is a possibility that mum could be reassessed in time and maybe go home again!

1 Like