Looking for advice please

background info NHS Continuing Healthcare | Carers UK

More info NHS continuing healthcare - NHS

Make sure you look at the assessment forms and work out your wife’s score to see if in your view she is eligible.

Melly1

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum!

If you have any questions and would like some further advice from Carers UK regarding your circumstances you can also contact us via our Telephone Helpline on: 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org)

They also provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers a range of subjects including:
Benefits and financial support
Your rights as a carer in the workplace
Carers’ assessments and how to get support in your caring role
Services available to carers and the people you care for
How to complain effectively and challenge decisions

Best Wishes,

Lucy.

I should have said earlier that whilst you are living in your home, even if your wife went into care, it’s value would not be taken into consderation.
For the whole story, Google “Charging for residential care” if you want to read more, I always go by government publications wherever possible, rather than interpretations by others when dealing with Social Services. I once reclaimed £8,000 from SSD because they didn’t apply the rules properly. I was told I’d signed a form, as I had POA, but I knew very well that I hadn’t signed anything.
I studied Contract Law at degree level many years ago, my Golden Rule is never EVER sign anything!

Thank you all for the advice given ! it really is appreciated as i am not getting any support whatsoever…
I have not had any communication directly from the hospital so i dont even know what their plans are ? I am sure i am not alone in these situations but it is still a stressful time for me let alone my wife.

My mum was very frail for the last ten years of her life. In and out of hospital numerous times.
I know far more on the subject than I ever wanted to, she died about 5 years ago. I try to help others avoid some of the issues I had.