Hi just joined and need some help with council letters

Hi Hope somebody can help me, I searched for a Carers forum in this was one of the few options and looked good.

Cut a long story short my step-father has gone into permanent care in a Nursing Home. Hes been in there a few weeks under NHS funded step down bed process after coming out of hospital. It gives him 28 days NHS funded but he is going to stay there.

We’re still sorting out who pays what and have recently received 3 letters from the council after a financial assessment, all varying slightly in their wording and figures. Both me and my mother cant really understand the letters and which one applies, so can anybody enlighten us please?

The 3 titles are:-

NOTIFICATION OF PRE-SERVICE ASSESSMENT - RESPITE ACCOMMODATION SERVICES
COMMUNITY CARE SERVICES - NOTIFICATION OF PRE-SERVICE ASSESSMENT
NOTIFICATION OF PRE-SERVICE ASSESSMENT - RESIDENTIAL ACCOMMODATION SERVICES

Which is the one we use if he is going to stay there? I think not RESPITE but which of the other 2 do we use then?

Also these forms have a final figure after a load of figures titled WEEKLY CONTRIBUTION is this what we actually have to pay?
Because if it is the figures done seem to make sense to me.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Start with the link above
Then contact the council that sent you the letters and ask for explanations. Councils are nototrious at getting things wrong, and not just once.
They should provide you with a leaflet explaining fees and funding. Insist on a copy
Also insist of having written copy of Dads assessment and care plan.
Whatever you do DO NOT agree to “top-ups”. Any funding for care should only come from Dads income and savings and no one else.

It’s not my area of expertise, but I’ve gleaned the above from others on here. Hopefully they will be along with more links soon

Kr
MrsA

How was the financial assessment done. Did an officer visit? He should have given you written details of his assessment at the time.

I’d write a very short letter to the Council. "Dear Sir, I have just received three forms in relation to the financial assessment.

Please could someone from the Financial Assessment Team visit to explain the assessment, and how the figures were calculated."