Direct payments urgent advise

I defo will do hopefully I can just move foward and be able to pay them back even if it’s a little a week I don’t want nothing to do with there money no more I just try survive my self x

I wouldn’t say anything to them about paying them back to start with, because if they had been doing their jobs properly this situation would never have arisen in the first place.
There is no reason why your son should not continue to have Direct Payments though, they just need to appoint an independent person to manage them.
This is probably what they should have done right from the start, and they most definitely should have done more long, long ago.

Do u think I live in hope but not that hopefully to be fair think there just cancel them am make me pay them back or investergate I have no idea to b fair but I know our life’s are gunba chabge my sons so used to my mum doing his care and with his autism he likes the same ppl no change x

That’s why having someone else to manage the DP’s would be the best solution for your son. He would see no change in his care, and it will be a huge relief for you to get rid of them.

Hi guys am back with a update well had meeting with social services and dp so glad I got it out there and they want some bank statements 5 years worth to do a audit but they have told me there worse case is I have to pay it back which of course am happy to do also now to sort out my sons care they want carers but my sons hosp are saying carers can’t do hemo
So she wants me to do hemo and carers to do am not sure what …they want to meet this week my problem is tho that there has to b two trains ppl to do dylise at home and I’ve got a 5 year old also so I’ve no idea how this is gunna pan out thank you guys tho u give me hope when I was lost x

Thanks Ritchie.

However it pans out , your son’s needs MUST be addressed … first and foremost.

A joint effort between the NHS and the local SS ???

Nursing care … what do the local SS know about that ???
( Another vote for recombining those ugly twin sisters … the NHS and Social Care … under one roof ? )

Ritchie, you do NOT have to provide bank statements so far back for them to do an audit over such a long time.
They had a duty to audit them every three months, and if they haven’t done that, then more fool them. Just send them three months worth, you could go to the Local Government Ombudsman about their breach of duty!
Don’t just roll over and do whatever they want, they’ve mucked up seriously too!
YOU cannot be responsible for the dialysing at home. The NHS need to sort this out for you, maybe by something called NHS Continuing Healthcare. It would put one or other of your children at risk in doing so. It is NOT up to Social Services to tell you what to do in connection with your son’s health. That is up to the NHS to sort out.
Have they sorted out an advocate for you and for your son.

Please, please, don’t attend any more meetings about your finances until they’ve sorted the advocate out for you to support you.

Failure to do this for you would amount to yet another breach of the Care Act!

Mmmm … had me thoughts earlier on … CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare … in all it’s gory details :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/chc-coughlan-grogan-judgements-nhs-contuing-healthcare-nhs-fnc-hospital-discharges-all-under-this-one-thread-35998

If sanctioned , kiss goodbye to your local SS and LA … it’s purely a NHS matter … and FREE !

Thank you how do I go about gettting someone to attend meetings with me and I didn’t know they stating I have to provide 5 years worth of statements from when I first opened my direct payments accounts am still very stressed over the matter there sending carers to me today to have a chat but my sons hosp have al ready stated that they can’t touch the machine so I don’t know wat help there be to be fair I had nhs package in with my direct payments so that’s messed up also I just feel to say Sod it all and just go it alone as it’s my fault in the beginning for messing everything up I’ve seeked some debt help and crawling my way back to normality slowly but it’s still weighing over me massively thank you advice appreciated x

Ritchie, just ring up Social Services Complaints Department, not the local office but their HQ and make a formal complaint about the way you are being treated, and INSIST that you AND YOUR SON have an advocate and something is sorted out before Christmas.

Please can you tell me exactly what NHS support you have had previously.
Why was it cancelled.
This does not round right at all.

I shall get on to this first thing but are they not going to say it’s my fault for spending the money ? I was getting continued health care funding which was going in with my direct payments so that was affected I didn’t know much about it just the payments go in the account and I used to employee my mum x

__

I was getting continued health care funding which was going in with my direct payments so that was affected I didn’t know much about it just the payments go in the account and I used to employee my mum x

Ritchie … care to expand on this a little ?

Using Direct Payments to employ your mother ?

I assume that , as her employer , everything done in accordance with employment law.

Pension plan set up for her ?

Hours / pay in accordance with Government regulations ?

Your mother … in receipt of any benefits … especially income related ones ?

CHC funding … is free at the point of delivery by the NHS.

Extremely rare for said funding to stop … was it ? And why ?

How did Direct Payments enter the equation ?

At face value , a contradiction ?

In all honesty , we have our work cut out to get to the bottom of this one ?

Ritchie, this is sounding really, really odd. Were you getting some funding from Social Services, some from the NHS, or just an NHS Direct Payment budget.

It would be unlawful to leave you son without any support when he needs regular dialysis, you need to start complaining very loudly about this immediately because in a week’s time they’ll all swan off for at least a week’s holiday, if my experience of getting help over Christmas is anything to go by!!!

Yes some grime social services some from nhs also
She’s just called me my social
Worker saying I have till
Thursday to tell my mum wats happend I did tell her I’d rather not as I going to be judged by my whole family but she’s saying in order to put direct payments over to mum
It’s something I need to do what’s ur advice on this ? Should I right now I don’t want to but looks like am going to have to and it will take 5 weeks to set up another thing had a meeting with carer yesterday they can’t meet my sons needs and the hosptail have said the same am confused no idea were to start with this mess I’ve got my self in

Ritchie … to make real sense of all this , we need information … precise information.

Whether you continue to seek guidance from us … or expert advice from either the CAB or Carers UK Advice team … is down to you.

Whatever … without precise information , we will all be scratching our heads.

Thanks Chris I’ve replayed the best if my knowledge hope this helps

Ritchie,
Normally, if your son was receiving Continuing Healthcare funding, it is administered by the NHS. Whatever support your son needs is paid for by the NHS.
All contact with Social Services finishes.
However, you seem to be saying that you had BOTH Continuing Health Funding and Social Services funding.
Is this correct?
Do you have any paperwork that tells you exactly how they worked out the total amount they were going to give you?
Did they tell you exactly what it was for?
Did they tell you how they would check how it was to be spent?

We’re getting there , slowly.

Like a jigsaw puzzle wherein no two pieces fit together ?

DP aspect seems okay … at face value.
( Mother employed as a paid worker … payroll system / pension / working hours directive … NO carer aspect. )

Now … how to get to the bottom of just how CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare fits into all this ?

… and out again ?

Then , precise details of what the local SS had put into place.

Through an initial Needs Assessment coupled with a Financial Assessment … leading to the DPs in the first place ?

In theory , as soon as CHC funding has been agreed , the DPs … and the LA … drop put of the picture ???

CHC … or NHS Nursing Funded Care … just to throw another spanner in the works ?

( CHC funding and DPs together ? One the responsibility of the NHS … the other , the LA ? Might be a new hybrid so far unrecorded on the forum ??? )

It gose to panel and I get 25 hours dp and 20 hours continueing health care if that makes sense I used both to employ my mum which they said was fine and I just submit bank statements dose this make sense ? X

I didn’t know this there both aware that I get both my social worker. Ones once a year to go though health care plan and takes it to pannle dose this make sense phb I think it’s called and the other is direct payments ?