Carers Premium and Pension Credit Guarantee

Hi

I’m already on my husband’s pension credit claim. Next year I’m due to get my own state retirement pension.

My carer’s Allowance will stop, but as I have an underlying entitlement to Carer’s Allowance, can we still get the Carer’s Premium on our Pension Credit claim?

Here’s hoping we do, as it’ll make all the difference to whether we stay on Pension Credit or not.

Thanks in advance

Hi Farida,

I don’t know but the helpline should be able to advice you

You can email us at > adviceline@carersuk.org > and we will respond to your enquiries within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner.

Our telephone helpline providing information is open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm - 0808 808 7777

Melly1

Thanks Melly 1

I’ll hang onto those details should I not got an answer on here. Fingers crossed, someone will know.

Thanks again

For money related issues, it’s always best to contact our helpline. None of us on the forum have had benefits training, we can only speak from our own specific situation.
The helpline are much better qualified, and can go through your finances confidentially, a proper “benefits” check to make sure you are getting everything you are entitled to.
When I had an issues some years ago, they made me over £50 a week better off, just because they knew some obscure rules about CA that are not generaly publicised.

Thanks Bowlingbun, Helpline it is.

As you can tell enquiring about something months in advance, I was worried. Anyway I did contact the Carers Team, and I have got some peace of mind. Thank you again!