Carer’s allowance 7 months suspended!

My carers allowance has been suspended an absolute mess of 7 months!!
I started a new job last year, 90% of the time i worked under the threshold so completely still entitled. Sent in several months of wage slips. Spent a lot of time signed off sick myself so didn’t even earn a wage some months and recently forced to resign. Every week or so i ring and they tell me someone will call back and they never do, i even pointed this out to them but to them and got told “just keep trying” can’t get through to complaints department and even citizens advice are at a loss! I know there is a delay but half a hear? :dry:

What reason did they give for forcing you to resign? It sounds unlawful.

Unfortunately, if you have been working for a firm for less than 2 years they can get rid of you for pretty much any reason they like, and there’s very little chance of recourse unless you can prove discrimination.

Re Carers Allowance: contact your local MP. We were dealing with a situation a few years ago where we couldn’t get anywhere - DWP wouldn’t talk to me no matter what the carer told them. So I contacted their MP and it got sorted in very short order. Always worth a go.

Hello Cheyenne

Firstly welcome to our forum, sorry to hear you are having a really difficult time. Have you emailed out Helpline for advice? Please drop them a line to see if they can help at all, if you haven’t already been in touch with them.They can be contacted on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org).

Also if you want to virtually meet up with other carers we are running a series of care for a cuppa sessions, I’m sure you are aware of them but if not, here’s the joining details. Its a great place to connect with other carers, many people say they’ve found it really helpful and supportive and it’s nice to be able to take a little bit of time for yourself. There’s no pressure to share any more than you’re comfortable with.

Here’s the link Cheyenne
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/get-support/online-meetups

kind regards
Ingrid