Care for a Cuppa video chats

Dear Carers UK members

Sometimes it’s important to take a little break, make yourself a cuppa and spend some time talking to people who understand what you’re going through. But while we are self-isolating and dealing with so many other things, it can be hard to find ways to connect with others.

That’s why we’re organising a weekly online Care for a Cuppa – a chance to get together to take a break whilst sharing information over a tea or coffee (and maybe a biscuit or two).

Our next Care for a Cuppa will be on Thursday 07 May from 3-3.30pm and we hope you can join us then – through coming together, we can help make sure that we all feel less alone.

If you’re free and would Care for a Cuppa, please visit the following link to let us know:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEqfumrrDIuHdBIsRTl9aFCz75woH5qLzAC

You’ll be sent a confirmation email and will just need to click the link on Thursday to join in with us all. Places at the table are unfortunately limited, but we’ll be hosting more events every week.

With good wishes

Michael

For more information, including future dates for our virtual ‘Care for a Cuppa’ video chats for carers, please visit www.carersuk.org/careforacuppa

The next Care for a Cuppa video chat will be on Monday 11 May from 3:00 to 3:30pm. To sign up, please click on the link below.
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvdeqvrTkiGdAwbHiOHC7O71FHzKLBX7CN

Hope you can make it!

Hello everyone

This is just a quick reminder that our next Care for a Cuppa video chat takes place this afternoon at 3.00. We still have some places available so if you would like to join other carers for a chat please click on the link below to register.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvdeqvrTkiGdAwbHiOHC7O71FHzKLBX7CN

If you live in Wales, you can also find out about how to access their Care for a Cuppa video chats through the link below. The next one is tomorrow (12 May) at 2.30pm.
https://www.carersuk.org/wales/help-and-advice/care-for-a-cuppa-in-wales

We’ll provide reminders of upcoming video chats in this topic and hope you will be able to join us for some of these

Michael

I’ve never used Zoom.
Please can we have some information about how it works, how to connect to it, and what equipment we need to access it?

Hi. Our next ‘Share and Learn’ video chat takes place tomorrow afternoon (Thursday 14 May) from 3-4pm. This session focusses on poetry and creative writing and is being facilitated by the Open Book project from Goldsmiths College.

We still have some places available so please go to the following link to register.
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwtd-qtpj4vHdw3v4u14gyb4OWcGbml-yDn

In response to bowlingbun’s question, the Care for a Cuppa video chats and Share and Learn sessions take place on Zoom. When you register you will be provided with a link to the Zoom video chat and the first time you join you will be asked to download a Zoom file on your laptop or pc, or an app on your mobile or tablet. For subsequent sessions you join, you just need to click on the link.

The full series of Care for a Cuppa and Share and Learn sessions can be found at www.carersuk.org/careforacuppa

Thanks

Michael

Hi bowlingbun, I found this Zoom Guide online which should help. It’s quite detailed with pictures of the screens.
If you’d prefer, I’d be happy to walk you through it.

Hello everyone

We still have a few places available for our next ‘Share and Learn’ video chat which takes place tomorrow (Thursday 21 May) from 3-4pm. During Mental Health Awareness week this video chat will focus on mental health and wellbeing for carers.

The session is being facilitated by Hanlie Burger from Harrow Mind, whom some of you will remember from the very well received session she ran at our Members’ Conference in October.

We’ve had great feedback from the carers who have attended the other video chats we have run in the past few weeks - the session on Monday was like a video version of the Forum, with more experienced carers providing some valuable practical tips for people new to caring.

If you are not able to join us tomorrow, you can find out about our other ‘Care for a Cuppa’ and ‘Share and Learn’ video chats at www.carersuk.org/cuppa

Wishing you all well

Michael

Hello, when is the next care for a cuppa meeting?

please check out the link in Michael’s post (Online meetups | Carers UK) it gives all the details and dates

Just registered. So will have a go at this Zoom thing on Monday afternoon.

Hello NanaNana - we look forward to seeing you on Monday.

Michael

we are a bit concerned over this as we feel that we would get very stressed up and upset other users

Hi Dean

All members are welcome at the Care for a Cuppa sessions, it can be really helpful to connect with other carers who understand exactly what you’re going through and have an informal group. However, if you feel more comfortable in a forum setting, then please do continue to contribute here. The main thing is to know that you’re not alone and find whatever online support feels best for you.

Best wishes

Jane

my concern is that i would be stressed up over goverment issues and lack of support with proffessionals even before covid 19
as other users have been upset by my posts as you have pointed out

I am a carer,& yesterday had the most amazing online Zoom session on here Are these on most day?

upcoming schedule of dates are listed here

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/get-support/online-meetups

Thank you for today’s Zoom chat, it was lovely and I really hope these will continue. As I said on there, I can’t physically get to meetings so this is perfect for me. Thank you for setting these up :slight_smile: x

It was lovely seeing you, Marie. I really hope you can attend again. We host them every Monday at 3pm and you can book your place here: Online meetups | Carers UK

Very sorry forgot to chat this afternoon !! Brain fog!! Utterly exhausted to be honest.So sorry .Have joined for next week!! Till then have a good week!! Regards Amanda h

No worries, we’ll see you next week :slight_smile: