Can I "self" refer to Physio and OT

I have sent my email and request for a new OT, I have had the inital response and now its the waiting game. I’m going to contact the local councillor too as I am still waiting on toilet rails and this is getting ridiculous. I can’t help but wonder if this will ever pan out as it should.

Again, my advice is to contact the DLF. Have you written/phoned your MP or not in regards to this issue as this is purely ridiculous?

I found their fact sheet on the topic of disabled toileting equipment very helpful. https://www.dlf.org.uk/factsheets/toileting#11 https://www.dlf.org.uk/factsheets/toileting#7

The OT has been in touch, the same one as before but I will see what happens.

I know from experience my MP will not get involved it’s been refused before so it’s purely a waste of my time and far too much stress to go there again. However I do know the local councillor can be of use, so will go that way.

Unfortunately nothing on either of those sheets that aren’t common sense and already done. The issue is that needs have changed and drop down rails need to be fitted, it’s getting them fitted that is taking the time which is frustrating at best but I have no idea the length of the waiting list or what stage the permissions are at as it’s not our house. The only way to tell that is someone who can have access to the files…hence the councillor.

Councillor is definitely a good call. Well done to you for persisting. It is such hard work, when I really shouldn’t be.

Good luck!

If you want to know what is on the file, make a “Subject Access Request” and get the caree to sign. The council have 30 days to respond. See the Information Commissioner’s website for details.

Ohh okay I wasn’t aware I could do that. Thank you. We have solved the leg raising issue by just laying on the bed normally as recommended by the physio. I guess time will tell as to if it meets the drs requirements.

Sorry it has been a rather busy few days, we saw the nurse on Friday who cannot do the dopler as the bed available in the surgery are not suitable for Nan’s physical disabilities {which the Dr KNEW before booking the apt so that was a waste of time}. We now have to wait for a suitable trained district nurse but apparently it’s unlikley to be this month. So the compression stockings are on hold until we know about the ciriculation in her feet.

The OT and Physio asked me why I was asking about ways to raise her legs above her hips when it’s not physically possible so I explained again {I’m starting to think these people think I’m crazy} and they said just don’t do it as it is not physically possible. I told the nurse this and she said the same…you can’t do it so we are back to doing what we were previously doing and in the mean time we can “hope” it’s not infected and go ahead with the cataract operation.

Whilst their I complained that with a heart condition and extremely high blood pressure in the past {which has a tendency to make her violent} I wanted her BP monitored and that the Dr saying oh leave it because she couldn’t get a reading twice after lowering her BP medication was unacceptable. We now have a reasonable but high recording {so that explains why she kicks and scratches where I go near her} probably due to having to exclude the freusomide {which apparently also helps with BP} due to an appointment that wasn’t appropriate.

I’ll be honest I’ve totally lost confidence in the Drs at the moment they seem only capable of treatin text books and not real people. However we will see how we go. I honestly cannot thank you enough your help and support has been invaluable.

With regard to the Blood Pressure, I would suggest that you bought your own BP machine, only about £25, because it’s far more reliable when you are sat at home watching TV or resting than in a doctor’s surgery. One day mine was sky high at the surgery, so I was told to get my own machine. Watching Sewing Quarter in the evening, it was exactly where it should be!

Good luck and I also concur with what you are saying. I’ve been to a lot of hospital appointments with doctors. I’ve frequently reminded them we are all human beings. And yes I also have made complaints to the head of the department or team via email about the doctor. Some have really poor communication skills. I have noticed that!

I have a bp monitor as we aren’t allowed apts at the gp surgery without first giving readings of bp and temperature {heaven forbid we may be actually ill and need an appointment} When we were doing it twice daily before they messed with the dosage it was fine. I shall try that again.

I’ve complained several times about the surgery and got nowhere. I’m afraid it’s just one of those places who seem to do just what they like when they like.