Access assistance

I care for my Mum who has Alzheimers. I share this with her live in carer.over two years we have managed well but now Mum cannot manage steps from her block to the street and is housebound. We cannot source ramps which are suitable and her wheelchair is too heavy to get down the steps. I have tried social services
but without success
Does anyone know of an organisation tbay might help us?

This may be covered by a “Disabled Facilities Grant”. Google this for further information.
(Social Services could and should have asked an Occupational Therapist to visit!)

Thanks yes we have had occupational. Therapy which was good but stopped witj Covid lockdown

That’s a bit different. The OT needs to come back and specifically assess the problems of access.