One off private pension payment and carer's allowance

Hi there

I’ve been caring for my T9/T10 paraplegic partner for 20 years and have claimed Carer’s Allowance for the entire period.
I have a private pension that is due to mature later this year.
I can opt to take the 25% tax free no problem but, as it’s a small pension, the company will want me to also take the remaining 75% taxable pension from the pot, as a one off payment.
This will take me over the weekly earnings limit in order to claim Carer’s Allowance in 2021-2022 tax year.
Will this one-off payment affect my carer’s allowance entitlement?
I am below the retirement age by 12 years.


Occupational or personal pensions do not count as earnings and you can be paid Carer’s Allowance in addition to these. … If you do receive taxable income such as occupational or personal pensions or part-time earnings you should inform the tax office about your Carer’s Allowance, because it is a taxable benefit.

Carer's Allowance | Carers UK.