No respite care and I can't stop crying

Thank you, I feel a bit better. We did find one that would do a week and possibly a few days. It’s a bit further than I would have liked but nevertheless it will solve the problem and I would be happy to do a week anyway so we can get a good rest. In the meantime I will keep looking to see if there is something in a better location but at least I have a backup.

Thank you that is a good idea. I did find one that would do a week and possibly a few days but even a week is good enough for me. I just didnt want to pay so much for 2 weeks that I don’t need and can’t afford. At least with a week you can have 2 breaks for the same cost. This particular home is a bit further than I would have liked but its not a big problem and better than nothing and I can also keep looking and try the care broker you suggested.

It might help if you gave a ROUGH idea of the area where you would like the respite to be. In Hampshire/Dorset, I know that Colten Care have some rooms reserved for respite/trial weeks. Some residents love the place so much they don’t want to go home, however they are expensive.