New here, but struggling with caring

Yasmin you are both going through difficult times. I hope things settle to a more even state soon.

It is better for your sister to have her own life, have her friends and support when she is in crisis.
For her to be at your home and alone and lonely when you are at work is neglect and if anything happened when you are at work it would be terrible.
Your sister needs a placement, is unsafe for her to be at your home.

You are not legal next of kin, her parents are.
If there are any decisions to be made then it would be the legal next of kin who need to make them and sign any papers.

Your sister is an adult at 18. You do not have any guardianship responsibilities for her as she has her parents.

You are being a great sister, you have her back and you are looking out for her.

Your sister will have her own life and you will still have your sister relationship.

You are doing everything you can for her and that is great.

If you get pressured to or thinking about having your sister home with you, read these posts again.

Its a tough road you are on.
I worked for a ‘caring’ company who said all the right things about looking after their employees during their tmes of need, but when it became apparent that my role as a carer for my wife was ‘interfering’ with my efficiency in my job I was given a stark choice.
I left my job and became a full time carer. Its not easy and wax made a lot harder by lockdown and by covid.
Do I regret giving up my job? Yes
Would I go back if I could? In a heartbeat.
Can I be a full time carer and do my job? No.
Do I have regrets? Yes

Life is full of tough choices, but we have to make them, and live with the consequences. Good luck with whatever choices you make.

Hugs. I work in a church and I learned so many things about care companies. My advice is to read far beyond the written lines of the formal report in order to be happy. Learn about the care company in question. Be sure to find out as much as possible in advance here and make some brief summary notes on care homes. Look very closely and carefully at the actual website and call up or email them to discuss things. Pay attention to your gut impression and ask them for more details. Talk to a few different people. Request to see a paper copy of old school reports, evidence of DBS checks and look at least two recent references.
At the actual interview do a complete series of checks. Use a helpful checklist to determine if the hired agency staff are trustworthy or not. Try to discover slowly what you can about their experience, skills and personality too. Conduct a full numeracy and literacy assessment. Best wishes. That way you can find someone.

As she is “Sectioned until July” under certain circumstances she should have free after care for life. I think it depends on the Section?