Lack of support

Hi Kerry, I’m sorry for your loss. Mum was very lucky to have a loving daughter living near enough to help, if you were further away, things would have been so much worse. I’m sure mum realised that.

Please remember you are grieving, and grief takes a long, long time to get over, and it’s a roller coaster of emotions. I cried and cried until I just didn’t have any tears left when my husband died suddenly, in his sleep. Anger and guilt are also part of the horrible grief journey. Be kind to yourself. If there is anything we can help you with, just ask. This is a forum for former, as well as current carers.

Kerry
So sad for you, the loss of your mum.
It so common, for bereaved people to feel guilt. I didn’t do enough, I should have… & so on.
I did when my lovely husband died, so did our daughter’s. You did more than your best,
Please take care of yourself, and keep in touch
(( Hugs))

So sorry for your loss, Kerry. You did your absolute best as a loving daughter and that is all anyone can ask for. I am sure that your mum was perfectly aware of this too.

And yes anger and guilt are most certainly part of the grieving process, not that it makes it any easier to bear. My mum died some five years ago and I still feel guilt to this day, that I could not have done more. You have been kind to others, now is the time to be kind to yourself. Thinking of you, Anne x