I'm new here and feeling more overwhelmed by the day

I honestly don’t know, he thinks when she’s back here she be a lot better and happier.

Still can’t get poa… I’ve phoned hospital they say it’s social services, social services say no, it’s hospital or gp.

We just being fobbed off all time

Unfortunately in her current mental state she would not be able to give Power of Attorney to anyone.

I’ve no idea but it never even been suggested and the fact no one is knowing what’s going and bring passes around just shows no one cares anyway.

Hi Maxine,
I don’t have direct experience of POA but do know someone has to have sufficient capacity to understand that they are asking someone to potentially take over decision making for them when they are no longer able to do this for themselves. If they are deemed to lack capacity to do this, then the only other option is the Court of protection.
Until others come along with experience of this, there is info here; https://www.carersuk.org/news-and-campaigns/features/ask-the-expert-managing-someone-s-affairs If you can’t find answers to your questions there, then I recommend contacting the helpline. However, note the helpline information is out of date, the helpline is currently only open on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Melly1

I forgot to add my autistic son trashed my parents house Sunday. He wouldn’t come to hospital to visit his Nanna all because his data ran out… We already compromised on him going library to use computer on the Monday. He decided to smash up photo frames, mirror on wall and he broke the TV too. He’s 18… Police took him to his father which is a bad idea ( court order said no direct contact with children however Doesn’t apply to him now he’s 18)

Im waitng to see if he turns back up here ar house, as I’m heading back home at weekend… So that’s another worry

My mum coming home tomorrow so my Dad just have to see how it goes