How do I delete my account

Hi sorry, I know I’ve only been around a couple of days, but I think I would rather
delete my account. I can’t really see how posting here is going to help.

Thanks to the people who have replied to posts etc. I just don’t think chatting to strangers who don’t know me or my situation first hand, is going to be that helpful.

Thanks any way.

Hi Alice,
sorry you feel that way.

All friends start off as strangers, its only over the course of time, that folk get to know one another and familiarity and friendships grow. It’s a two way process.

It’s like meeting people anywhere, you wont agree with everybody but usually some members will “click” almost straight away and communicate via PMs.

Personally, I think the forum works best when folk use the forum not only to seek support but also over time become able to offer support to others too.

The forum isn’t suitable for everyone however; to cancel your membership, click on the “Contact us” on the toolbar at the bottom of your screen

Kind regards,
Melly1

Hi Alice
If you feel you have said too much as to give away your identity, you may prefer to edit your posts by clicking the pencil icon in the top right hand corner.

Can’t see a contact us option any where. I’ve also tried clicking contact carers uk admin and nothing happens there either. Can someone draw this thread to the attention of admin for me so the account can be deleted?

Hi Alice,

I have notified admin. They will pick up the request on Monday, within usual office hours.

Melly1

Thanks, really appreciate it.

How long does it take to get an account deleted around here?

Admin emailed me to ask if I definately wanted it deleting, I replied YES within the hour, its still not been deleted.

Anyhow I’ve changed my account details with false info now as no one seems to want to delete my account. Surely that’s a data problem somewhere.

Oh apparently there’s nowhere on my profiles details and info where I can change my personal details,
So that’s even worse, does this mean Carers UK will hold my personal info for ever?

Alice, I don’t know the answer to your question, but I’ll report your last post, and maybe that will get things moving, although I think it’s a shame that you’re leaving so soon as you can get help here if you need it.

Hi Alice,

I have flagged your post for a staff member to respond.

Sorry that you have not found the Forum useful. But do feel free to try again. It does take a while to get used to “chatting” to strangers …

Take care,
Anne

Hi Alice,
Thank you for your message on the forum.

We thought we deleted your account but that’s not the case. Do you still want us to go ahead with deleting your account? if yes please let us know. This message was sent this morning but unfortunately still in my outbox. So please accept my apologies.

To make changes on your profile please see below -
Once you are logged in you can change your username and password. To do this, click on your username button on the top right hand side of the screen and click on the ‘user control panel’. Then click on the ‘profile’ tab, then ‘edit account settings.’ There you’ll be able to change your username and password.

Hope this helps.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to come back to me.

Best Wishes
Lucy

Hi - I’ve flagged this post as well so it should flash up for a Moderator as soon as someone is around. Hold tight.

If you look under your post there is a flag you can use to highlight an issue, and it will go to our moderators. I’ll send them a message on your behalf. Being stalked must be terrible.