Home Care Agencies ? Spare A Thought For Their Problems?

2 carers with 2 visits a day. Hour in the morning and 45mins in the evening. My dad can’t walk so has equipment to help him move around so needs two carers. My parents have over the threshold savings (at the moment) so we are paying privately. Dad has attendance allowance and mum has applied for it also.
The money is obviously expensive but my concern is the standard of care we receive from some carers for the amount we are paying.

See next post.

__

The money is obviously expensive but my concern is the standard of care we receive from some carers for the amount we are paying.

I leave that to others on the forum who have direct experience of paid care workers for their carees.

The word EXTORTIONATE springs to mind.

CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare ?

Needs assessment ?

( That really puts into perspective the financial plight of many on this forum … caring 24 / 7 , with little outside help , and then having to jump through hoops to claim £ 66 odd a week ? )

Definitely ask for a breakdown of the next bill they send you.

What sort of care do your parents need? How old are they, and what sort of disabilities do they have?

Have Social Services done a recent “Financial Assessment” for them.

This must be one of the highest bills, if not the very highest, I have ever seen, on an hourly basis.
Come back to us when you have a response from them, there may be solutions!!