Frightened to accept help because of fear of Covid

I have a friend who cares for her Husband with dementia. She refuses to accept help and has stopped carers coming in because she is so frightened he, or she may get Covid. She is making herself unwell trying to do it all alone.
I would be grateful for any advice on how best to help my friend. Thankyou.

I would say to her “what is going to happen to him if you get so ill you have a stroke or heart attack?”. It’s a matter of balancing risk and reward.
Would she prefer the same carer all the time, once a day, to help her, rather than different staff all the time?

I agree. She will be of no use to him if she is ill.

What help did she have before Covid?

If the care worker comes from an agency registered with CQC, then the worker should be being tested weekly for Covid. If they are wearing PPE and she insists on hand washing, wears a mask herself, wipes down where care workers had been and opens the window - she is minimising the risk.

Melly1

What age are they?

Hopefully they can get their vaccinations. Remembering it’s not a case of can’t catch the virus. But it’s a case of may catch but less of an illness.

all those 65 years of age and over. all individuals aged 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions (including dementia, diabetes, and heart or lung disease) – alongside the main carers of vulnerable people. all those 60 years of age and over.