Doctors second opinion or unable to help?

OIive please phone your GP and ask for an emergency appointment. Please do not hold back, and tell them how you are feeling. They have a ‘duty of care’ to you. I totally get where you are coming from. We do get pushed towards breaking point. I hope others will come along with more suggestions. Do you have a local Carers Support? I think they have the power to expedite things and if you phone them, they may be able to liaise with Adult Social Services on your behalf? Worth a try? You MUST stress you are at breaking point. Yes, I totally agree your husband needs to go into some form of care home/hospital to give you some respite and a much needed break to take a deep breath and decide what YOU want to happen in the future.

I was at breaking point in October. I wrote to husband’s GP who called him in for blood tests and a brain scan plus organised a Memory Clinic app which took 6 months to come through . My local Carers Support were great.

I try to support everyone here to get the help they need.
My son was brain damaged at birth. For the first 16 years of his life, I had just 3 whole days of being without a child to care for - when I was in hospital having a hysterectomy!
Finally my GP told Social Services he MUST go into residential care because of my health.

Later, I developed a serious illness.
The consultant told me “so many years without a break didn’t do you any favours”!
All four of our parents were ill for years before they died.
My husband died shortly after his father as the result of a massive heart attack.

Everyone has a breaking point. I’ve met mine. There is no shame in saying “I can’t do this any more”.

Hi Olive,

Please do as Helena says and make an emergency appointment to see your GP. If the receptionist asks if its a medical emergency - say yes. You need to tell the GP how it is for you at the moment.

I have contacted Carers Uk advice on your behalf, they should contact you with further advice also.