I wonder how many of us have had Coronavirus already?

First Covid-19 case happened in November, China government records show - report

Earliest case detected on 17 November, weeks before authorities acknowledged new virus, says Chinese media

The first case of someone suffering from Covid-19 can be traced back to 17 November, according to media reports on unpublished Chinese government data.

The report, in the South China Morning Post, said Chinese authorities had identified at least 266 people who contracted the virus last year and who came under medical surveillance, and the earliest case was 17 November – weeks before authorities announced the emergence of the new virus.

The data obtained by the Post, which the Guardian has not been able to verify, said a 55-year-old from Hubei province could have been the first person to contract Covid-19. For about one month after that date there were one to five new cases reported each day, the report said, and by 20 December there were 60 confirmed cases.

I wonder if coronavirus was here in December too. S and friends of ours, plus folk on the forum were very poorly with temperatures and coughs. It wouldn’t be until vulnerable people began dying unexpectedly and post mortems were done that anyone would pick it up that it was something new.

Because people can be carriers and not know they have it. I guess we will never know. That’s why we must use as many precautions as possible.

I was poorly after Christmas, just put it down to caring for M over the holidays, which is relentless.
Strangely enough, I did think that the symptoms of the virus where the same as mine!
When I went to the GP and was given antibiotics, he told me that every other patient had the same thing.
Of course, they don’t generally test for viruses.

I have been ill for weeks, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, generally run down so might have had it or how can I tell?

main symptoms…

Symptoms
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:

new continuous cough and/or
high temperature
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild infection

a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly