I don't know how much more I can take

I am exhausted, and very depressed. I care for my daughter, she is severely disabled, has a neurological disorder, epileptic, basically needs all care. I am married to her father, who has been abusive verbally for most of our marriage. Now, since he has been ill with chronic fatigue, his abuse to me has escalated. Every week that goes by, I am told I am stupid, thick, an imbesile, unable to make a decision about anything, and if I do, it’s always the wrong one. If I put my point across about something he doesn’t agree with, I am threatened to " shut up and be quiet, or I will throw something at you" he has thrown things in the past at me. He says he has no respect for me, that he doesn’t ever see anyone like me on TV,. He has said “no man would want you!” He accuses me of being obsessed with my daughter, that I have given my life up for her, I admit I have, as I wanted to give her the best life I could. I even gave up my career as a professional NHS worker in order to care for her, this is what he is angry about, as I earned a good salary, and gave it up. He hasn’t worked for fourteen years. My daughter, thankfully doesn’t live with us, she lives independently, but with a lot of care. Sorry for moaning, I have just have had enough, and needed to write this down.

Why do you stay with him?

Hi & welcome Angela

So sorry to hear of your situation. I applaud you for taking the first step in posting how you are feeling. This must have taken great strength but has demonstrated you need to seek help. You have strength as you were in this situation. But still supported your daughters needs which show selflessness.

No one with a disability should be abusing another. Regardless of their diagnosis or symptoms. Are you aware of the term coercive control.
When I read your post this jump out to me

Sometimes when we find ourselves in a situation. It’s others on the outside can see a different picture. Have you a close friend or relative who you trust and can confide in.

Please do not feel you need to apologise. You have nothing to apologise for.