How to prioritize mental health financially

I need some advice. 2020 has been kind of a crazy year for me. I’ve always had a few mental health issues that I wanted to get help for (anxiety, depression), and this year they’ve effected my life so much that i’ve finally decided to see a therapist about it. Only problem is, it’s kinda expensive. I tore my ACL this year so a lot of my medical expenses go towards physical therapy and paying off my surgery to repair it. I also am a fresh college graduate who wants to save up to get my own house and leave a bit of spending money to hang out with friends. Somehow I feel like paying that 50-100 dollars a session would really stretch me out thin, so i am considering putting it off until at least my medical expenses pay off. Only thing i’m worried about is being held back because i’m not getting better mental health wise. Should i be prioritizing mental health above other things (saving up for a home, time with friends, etc.)? Do you think it won’t hurt to hold off on it for a few more months? Is it worth investing in asap? Share your experiences could use the advice.

advertising IP for website removed from signature by moderator

I need some advice. 2020 has been kind of a crazy year for me. I’ve always had a few mental health issues that I wanted to get help for (anxiety, depression), and this year they’ve effected my life so much that i’ve finally decided to see a therapist about it. Only problem is, it’s kinda expensive. I tore my ACL this year so a lot of my medical expenses go towards physical therapy and paying off my surgery to repair it. I also am a fresh college graduate who wants to save up to get my own house and leave a bit of spending money to hang out with friends. Somehow I feel like paying that 50-100 dollars a session would really stretch me out thin, so i am considering putting it off until at least my medical expenses pay off. Only thing i’m worried about is being held back because i’m not getting better mental health wise. Should i be prioritizing mental health above other things (saving up for a home, time with friends, etc.)? Do you think it won’t hurt to hold off on it for a few more months? Is it worth investing in asap? Share your experiences could use the advice.

edit: Also wondering how often you attend therapy/feel the need to see a therapist for it to be very useful :slight_smile:

One question. You don’t need to tell me the answer, but think about it for yourself.

What is most important to you? Your health or material possessions? Because that is what you’re asking right now, really, and you need to be the one to answer it. I’m truly sorry if this sounds harsh, but no one else can answer it.