Guardianship Scotland

Looking for some advice I recently moved from south lanarkshire to north lanarkshire in south I was my 35 year old sons financial representative but north lanarkshire are insisting on legal and financial guardianship which will take months to go through court in the meantime he will not get direct payment for his care they have said he can go out with there community care team my son said NO he is not going wants to stay with his own care team can anyone help

Hi Mary,
I live in England and don’t know how to tackle this, I suggest contacting the helpline for advice It might also be advisable to get your son an advocate to add weight to his wishes.