Do you find yourself caregiving, well, the whole entire worl

Hey caregivers. So pretty weird topic, I had a tricky time coming up with that title and it still is awful! But this is what I mean:

I am a caregiver to my mother, who is frail but, thankfully, more healthy than not. When we go out on walks, or to the store, and I see someone elderly or otherwise frail too, I now find myself jumping to help them too.

Trying to open a door, let me get that for you.

Something falls on the ground, here I got it.

I’m now caregiving anyone who gets too close to my orbit. I don’t think it’s bad, I know I am a more compassionate person than I was before. I’m always respectful. Despite my examples, I always ask before offering help. But, still, pre-caregiving days, I would have helped but not quite so…eagerly.

Do you find you do this too? It’s all these little things in the life of a caregiver. I think at the end of the day, it’s making me a better person. At least I hope it is.

1 Like

My son has certainly taught me patience, and how to concentrate on the important things in life.

Hello & Welcome Neager

Admirable qualities :smiley: don’t loss them.

All lovely, but don’t forget to care for yourself, and don’t be a doormat!

All the best, we are here for you.

That’s wonderful! I noticed a similar thing when my children were born.
Having said that, don’t be too hard on yourself when you sometimes get tired of helping and caring for others.
All the best!

1 Like