ATM - Security Alert

SECURITY ALERT: ATM. ________________________________ Message from a Banker

• A very useful tip while withdrawing funds from an ATM.
  • Press ‘cancel’ button twice before inserting the card. If anyone has set up the key pad to steal your PIN code, this will cancel that set up.
    Please make it a habit and part of every transaction that you make.
    Please share with those about whom you care.

Thank you so much for that advice. Worth knowing and I will tell my family and friends

Yes, useful tip!

Luckily for me, I only ever use the ATM in Waitrose - and I’m sure NO ONE who shops at Waitrose is the slightest likely to be a nasty little thief! Goodness me no! Only NICE people shop in Waitrose!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks for that tip.
A few years ago, the police told me that it was always best to use an ATM at a bank as they have CCTV on everyone that uses it, but I’m not sure if that is still the case.
I know we have an ex banker as a member, maybe he knows if all ATM’s now have cameras?

One reason why I never use a bank ATM , BB ?

Big Brother is definately alive and prospering nicely … just ask Winston and Julia ?

ironically said equipment to scan cards illegally is extremely easy to purchase and 100% legal .

the card clone machines are used to create backup cards for companies .

and pressing cancel twice does nothing , infact the machine near me no button will work apart from beep but then informs you to insert your card .

the other one is the contactless cards , you can easily obtain the app for apple or android and happily walk around with a laptop in a bag or a phone and take peoples card details.
and the one thing i did learn recently , the electronic cards hotels give you have ALL your details on them .
bank details ,
some times even home address , the guy that was talking about it said this was in case you caused any damage to property or in the room it was just charged to your card .

Never used an ATM. Never will.
Never sent a text. Never will.
Never used a bus pass. Never will.
Never been in debt. Never will.

…….Never on the never, never. :slight_smile:

Albert you sound just like my Dad

Give him my regards. :slight_smile:

Glad you never said “never use a forum” :smiley: