Another quick vent

Well, things are so much better than two months ago I feel a bit indulgent having a vent now, but I’m having one of those “I want my life back” moments today.

Mum keeps talking all the time - to be fair she always did but I didn’t live with her before - when there’s no escape a loner like me just quietly goes crazy. One of the worst things at the moment is the constant running commentary when she’s having a bowel movement. I know it’s because she’s a bit self-conscious and worried about it, but it’s awful oversharing! It makes me laugh mostly, but on days like today I just wish she wouldn’t.

My garden has gone to pot, the grass is a foot long and my house needs a good tidy up and sort out. I know I need to organise respite but I haven’t got round to it. Mum’s been a bit poorly for a week but better now. When she feels physically better it’s tough for her, because she wants her life back too but she’s too frail now. She’s having a hard time accepting that. understandably.

1 Like

Is mum paying her way? If you can’t mow the lawn because you are caring, mum should pay to cut the lawn.

It’s not the money - mum would pay in a heartbeat. I am living at mum’s house, around the corner from mine. Sorry for any confusion there - mum’s house and garden are clean and tidy.

Gardening is a form of respite for me - mum has a small low maintenance garden and I am nipping back to mine for an hour every so often, but my garden is bigger and I really need to spend days on it.

It will work out, I just sometimes really miss being able to do what I want when I want.

1 Like

Why not take an afternoon off every week to look after you and your things?

I will do that, thank you.